3-6 tbsp of vegetable oil (adjust according to the amount of cauliflower and broccoli)
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 green chilli (finely sliced)
1 onion (chopped)
1/4 pint of vegetable stock
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Heat oil in saucepan and add mustard seeds. Cook until they begin to pop. (The mustard seeds are fried first to bring out the flavour)
2. Stir in the garlic, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, green chilli and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring.
4. Break the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and add to pan together with the vegetable stock, coriander. Taste and add further seasoning as required.
5. Cover pan with lid and simmer gentle for about 15 minutes or until the broccoli and cauliflower is tender.
6. Remove lid and simmer for a further 1 minute to thicken the juices.
Serving Suggestion: I served the curried cauliflower and broccoli with BBQ’d Salmon. It certainly made for an interesting but delicious combination!